Dance- no ones watching! Love- you're not hurt! Sing- no ones listening! Live- heaven is on earth!

My Photo
lavender tulips【ツ】
United Kingdom
I'm a complete nutcase & I love it! I've been in a kind of life crisis *shriek* for a little while now, but I believe everything will sort itself =) Visit if you'd like to see recipe's, pictures of food, silly pictures of me and my friends, stories of my travels and general rantings from explosions of my brain cells.
View my complete profile

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Things that tick me off incredibly.

I need to bitch. I rarely do, but this is one of those moments.

  • Heartbreak. I wish I didn't waste my time, if I knew it was gonna result in heartbreak. I hate being heartbroken. I feel like a lost puppy...And I don't like feeling like a lost puppy. What a dumb thing to feel.
  • Scouse accents. 5 years and I still don't get them. I thought the Haryanvi accent was crude...Geez...
  • People who don't live in Liverpool & love LFC. That's just pointless.
  • People that stand in the MIDDLE of a step on elevators. What is up with that? Some of us have a life, and we need to get to it! Left or right, pick a side & stick to it!
  • Patients that think they're Jesus Christ.
  • Nurses that hate doctors/medical students.
  • Nurses that think they know all about ECG's 'cuz they went on a 5 day course at a cardiology convention.
  • People that think I'm a nurse.
  • When my housemates open the fridge & stand there staring into it with no intention of actually taking something out of it or sticking something into it. Food isn't gonna appear out of no where!!
  • Aunties & uncles who gossip about Mr. Chopra's son dating a white chick. GET OVER IT!
  • 11 digit phone numbers. Seriously, what were they thinking in the UK. I live with 6 people. How am I supposed to remember all their numbers in case of an emergency?
  • Vegetarians. For every animal you don't eat, I'm gonna eat four.
  • For people who think I have too many shoes, unless you want my heel causing a rectal obstruction, shut up.
  • People who freak out on the morning of exams, say they haven't studied enough and then do really well. 'Oh my god, I really didn't expect it, I thought I was gonna fail...' Blah blah blah.
  • People who think they're to posh to eat at a dhaba. Just go jump off a bridge somewhere.
  • People who're not pilots, yet still wear aviators.
  • Super anal, wanna be surgeons, who know jack about anatomy.
  • Patients that lie about how much they smoke/drink. I'm gonna find out eventually.
  • Blonde's that act dumb on purpose.
  • People that start doing impressions of my accent & then ask me where I'm from. You've just met me, who the hell are you judging you pea-brain!?!
  • People that think that Singapore is in America 'cuz my accent sounds as such.
  • People that think I should be chinese because I'm from Singapore.
  • People who don't get what a TCK is.
  • People that recall the events of 'dude-what-a-cool-club-i-got-hammered-in' last night really loudly on their cell phone, while on public transport. You suck at life, forever.
  • And finally, men that don't respect women. I've said this before, I'm sure there's some decent men out there (on a planet far far away) but most of the men I know, haven't a clue about how to treat a woman.

That is all, for now.

13 is the number of camels in the candyfloss sky:

Anonymous said...

check my 2nd blog abt the crush confessions. that wud be a fun, trust me

Debonair said...

Hey ....
oh shucks ! i just realized i don't know what to call you ... should I call you Lavender?
back to the topic, i actually think posts which have a list of stuff are great magnets for comments :D coz people definitely will find something to comment on out of all those things hehe ....
btw, i m a bit ignorant so enlighten me about 1. what is Scouse? 2. What is TCK (this makes me eligible for ticking you off, i guess :P)
and a correction, it's "escalator" you wanted to say, not elevator :)
Yenjoy
Jithun

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

Ashu, haha :) I'd love to, and I have seen it. But unfortunately I don't have any 'crushes'. Keep doing what you're doing though!

Jithun, you can call me S. :) I'm glad you find material to keep yourself entertained within my posts.
Scouse is the accent that people in Liverpool have. I'm sure you've heard of the Liverpool Football Club? (Think red!) Liverpool's a city on the west coast of the United Kingdom & it's where the Beatles were from. The Titanic was built here & also originally departed from here. But enough about the fun facts, scouse is just really crude & loud & is currently getting on my nerves 'cuz of my local neighbours screaming at all times of the day (in scouse).
TCK is third culture kid. Which in short means, you're from country A, grew up in country B & currently live in country C (and Visa refers to a stamp in your passport, not a plastic card; you regulary bump into your friends at International airports; you speak several languages & 'Where are you from' takes about half an hour to answer!).
And darnit!!! Yes I did mean to say escalator =P Thank you very much =P

Crimson Feet said...

lol... that was funny... but whats with the "anti-vegitarian" sentiments!... eat all animals that you want, but whats wrong with others not eating them?! :)

Ravish said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog.

I am a bit scared after reading this post because I am one of those vegetarians who tick you off.

Cheers!!

Caladrius said...

I clicked it to ask about TCK and mention about escalators but all of that has already been done! Vegetarians as put-offs was a very novel idea though.

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

Mr crimson feet, there's something truly wrong if a person doesn't eat meat. Man is a carnivore. About time we started acting it.

Ravish, don't be scared. I promise I'll try my hardest not to bite =) I don't know how you do it as a vegetarian though. I admire how you control such deep feelings like the one's I get when I see a tangdi kabab, sheesh kabab, mutton kima parantha, seafood paella!!! Right I might actually chomp at my laptop screen so I'm going to shut up!! LOL!

And Sushant, yeah yeah, I've already been pointed out with the wrong I've done typing elevator =P My god you guys really pick at the details eh? =) I hope you get what a TCK is...and a vegetarian is just space wasted on the planet I tell you.

ps: Oh shush you vegetarians gasping at me sitting infront of your computers. Before you come at me armed with carrots or whatever's cool in the vegetaran world, just stop to think that I might just be kidding! =P

Or am I? ;)

Anonymous said...

Dear Friend,
Ur Point number 12 for Veggies finds a answer in Step Number 12 in the post below for Non Veggies.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ferreter/working5.htm

Hope your cook doesnt forget this Step Number 12!

Cheers,
G

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

Sorry, was that your attempt at a come back at what I said about veggie's?
Or were you trying to school me & get me to change my mind or go vegetarian??
Meh, I never liked to eat rabbit anyway. Over populating, trying to be cute, bunny creatures.

Debonair said...

Hahahaha ! I seriously appreciate Anon's effort :D Any other non-veggie might have been put off by that, but Miss S here is a Surgeon (oh, is THAT what the S stands for? don't temme!) who has had her hands in places others wouldn't even dream of, so I guess it's not a big deal for her! :P

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

=D What a rubbish effort to try and change my mind...
No no, the S doesn't stand for surgeon, yesh, I have life apart from work...My name starts with S actually. And what a pretty name it is :) I just like my anonymity here. I feel like *a spy!* (does some random James Bond moves alone in her room).
Nope, skinning rabbits, no big deal to me. There's only two things in the world that'll make me jump on top of you, screaming for my life crying & I'm not divulging what they are just yet...

Debonair said...

it was fun trying to visualize your "random James Bond moves" :D and I guess one of the things would be if I am a piece of meat ! :P You nasty non-veggie!
Would you concur with the line from Jab We Met : "Main apni favourite hoon!" ?

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

That was such a boss movie!!
*does some more James Bond moves while humming the soundtrack out aloud*
Anyway, loved Jab We Met. What I don't meet a guy like that? Rich, smart, lovable. Ugh!
I guess main hi apni favourite houn. Aur koi toh pasand karti hai nahi. I'd agree with that dialogue if it didn't sound so cheesy in my head & if Kareena hadn't scrunched her nose & jumped in annoying glee when she delivered that dialogue. She's gotta be my most least liked actor.
But no, main apne aap ko bahut pasand nahi karti. I'm a royal nut job sometimes.