Dance- no ones watching! Love- you're not hurt! Sing- no ones listening! Live- heaven is on earth!

My Photo
lavender tulips【ツ】
United Kingdom
I'm a complete nutcase & I love it! I've been in a kind of life crisis *shriek* for a little while now, but I believe everything will sort itself =) Visit if you'd like to see recipe's, pictures of food, silly pictures of me and my friends, stories of my travels and general rantings from explosions of my brain cells.
View my complete profile

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Me = Loco.

I felt so blah yesterday but I'm glad I don't feel like that anymore :) Mostly because I want to feel happier todayand that in turn made me act more like myself this morning in the library.

I had to go return a book & pick up one I had on hold & while browsing I bumped into a friend. He's as big a nut job as I am. We hid behind a whole shelf of books and made weird animal noises as people were walking past. 15 minutes of giggling like crazy has put me in my right senses again =) Some people stopped & looked really confused but the funniest was one girl ran away!!! Hahahaha! I feel so evil :)
People that I live with will tell you that I'm bonkers. I don't mind most of the time, 'cuz I really am cuckoo! Well so are the people I live with & we're a happy cuckoo-catchoo family. Here's some crazy things that we've done together, or I've indulged in myself. I highly recommend them to everyone. You know what, within 24 hours of reading this, atleast try to do one of the things I've done. Embarassed isn't a word in my vocabulary & it shouldn't be in yours!
  • Three years ago when working over easter break in a cardiology hospital in Lajpat Nagar under my mum's best friends husband I paged myself over the intercom. Didn't really disguise my voice. My cousin was working on the reception (who still works there actually) couldn't stop laughing till lunch.
  • I was in the Mustafa parking lot this christmas with my new hair dryer I'd just bought. My mum was still shopping for dal-chaval, so to ammuse myself I pointed the hair dryer (James Bond style) at everyone that walked/drove past. One kid waved back at me.
  • I do this thing where everytime someone yawns I poke my finger into their mouth really quick & yell 'Couldn't bite me!'. My friends get so annoyed, haha! More so by accident I actually did it to a random woman sitting next to me on the bus last year.
  • When I went to buy tickets for What happens in Vegas a couple of weeks back, I asked for a student ticket. When the guy on the counter asked for my student ID I used my friends (he's Sri Lankan) and in reply to the puzzled look on his face I told him I wasn't born a woman. He actually didn't charge me for my ticket :)
  • I baked a cake for someone's birthday at work. She'd started an awful rumour about a friend of mine. Since her birthday, I haven't heard from her. (I'd chucked in about 20 pennies in the cake batter when I was baking it, muahaha!)
  • Once I slept over at a friends place & when leaving in the morning I used up most of her post it notes to cover her entire fridge.
  • My flatmates do this to me all the time. They always wait till I've sipped some kind of a beverage and then make me laugh & watch it coming out of my nose.
  • Couple of us watching a friendly England game at Old trafford in Manchester screamed PENIS! whenever someone scored. There were 5 goals that game :)
  • I took pictures of my friend before helping her unstick her toungue to my freezer.
  • I don't have a cheque book, so I write "for smuggling rabbits" in the memo field's of all my flatmate's cheque books.
  • I also slipped notes under all their doors pretending they were from someone else in the flat.
  • A guy on my course asked me to pick up a copy of the lecture notes he wasn't gonna be able to make it to. I removed all the staples & stapled them in the center of the page. I continue to do it & he continues to ask me to pick up notes for him. Duffer.
  • Sometimes when I write an email to my mum- i don t use any punctuation it annoys the button s out of her
  • We usually drive down to the McDonalds late at night with D to get ice cream. I always specify thrice at the drive through that my order is 'to-go'.
  • Sometimes I follow people when I'm in a clothing store. Women really freak out! Hahaha!
  • When I'm working at the bar and people ask for my number I usually -give them a number of someone I want to annoy -tell them I'm gay & point to my 'lover' (my flatmate Rosy who also works at the same bar as me & you can tell she's a lesbian from a mile away) -tell them I'd love to go out with them sometime, but I'm 4 months pregnant so I won't be able to drink -ask them if they're okay with the fact that I'm booked for a sex change operation that weekend. I've only had one guy still come back for my number yet again, even though I've tried all my pranks. I would consider being flattered, but he's short & balding.
  • I always ask if my pizza delivery guy spat on my pizza.
  • I usually answer my phone with 'Pizza hut, your order please.' It amazes me how many people still get confused & wonder if they've got the wrong number. Idiots!
  • Before hanging up, or getting out of the cab I always always wish the other person a merry christmas. Over the phone it just makes people laugh, but there's actually logic behind wishing cab drivers merry christmas. I'm not gonna see them again before the next christmas, am I? I'm glad you see the logic my brain thingies see.
  • Sometimes I talk to strangers in an Australian accent. Sometimes I even talk to people on customer service lines in an Indian accent & sometimes I ask for directions pretending I can't speak English.
  • My flatmates and I constantly do this. We'll be shopping or whatever and then I'll ask a question in French & one of them will reply in Finnish. (We actually do speak these languages, not just make up gobbledegook) We continue to have conversations while speaking in different languages all the way through. After three years of living with the same nut cases, now we even understand each other :)
  • I shopped in Asda once in a cape & pretended like I didn't know what the problem was. Fortunately in '04 I lived one street away from the Asda & had some really cooky housemates.
  • I constantly scribble '$49.99, free trial available' on my friends hands.
  • I sometime's also scribble 'dry clean only' on my friends.
  • I give directions in medical terms & repeat the same when people go- what??! Eg. Drive on the medial side of the road. Go the proximal end of the street.
  • I sing the James Bond theme (yes, when other people are in there with me) constantly when I'm in an elevator. I also sometimes pretend that I am James Bond when I'm in an elevator. Me and Squid sometimes do it together.
  • We took some friends visiting Singapore to the zoo & the night safari. When we were leaving me & their kids ran towards the car park yelling 'Run for your life, they're loose!'.
  • One of my favourite restaurants in Singapore is Sketches. It's an Italian place & you get to make your own meal, tick some boxes, pick what goes in your pasta & you have to write your name on the top of your order. The best part is, the waiters HAVE say your name out loud when your order is ready. My brother usually goes for Mike Hunt & others include Adam Baum, Mike Rotch, Craven Moorehead (haha!), Dick Tator, Jack Hass and Tad Pohl. I've tried & tested many including Anna Sasin, Sue Flay, Polly Ester, Lou Zar, Hazle Nutt, Ella Vader, Carrie Dabebi and Anita Shower.
  • I have also ordered diet water when I'm at sketches. I'm pretty sure the waiters there hate my brother & me.
  • I love watching Rosy scream- I won! I won! everytime the cash machine/ATM dispenses her cash.
  • She also usually does that when we go shopping at Tesco's, use the self service tills and wait for the machine to give us change when we pay with cash. It always makes a couple of people standing around us, smile.
  • One of my laywer friends sometimes starts his sentences with 'In accordance with the prophecy...'
  • Yesterday, at the cinema I paid for my ice cream. Except I paid for the entire 1.95 of it in pennies. That's a hundred and ninety five pennies! Hahaha!
  • When I'm with my mum, we always dance in the car to the Bhangra music we're blasting while waiting at red lights.
  • When I'm bored & doing a history I always ask what gender my patients are.
  • My friends & I sometimes pretend we have Tourette's when we go shopping.
  • Something that I haven't done, but would love to do, is to sing along at a recital/opera type thing.

Yup, I'm definately back to my old self.

20 is the number of camels in the candyfloss sky:

Anonymous said...

Can u gimme the phone number of the female in black in the "boobs pic"?
-G

satish said...

mast. jabad-dast.

adam baum. lou zar. diet water. this post is definitely gonna be one of those that i love to read again and again.

i am glad you are in medicine.

and second pic could make any guy's day.

well done.

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

Sorry, she's taken! Better luck next time =)

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

(Hahaha! I almost put a fake number on here, if only I could have monitored how many of you called it, LOL!)

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

Satish, I thought the picture of me kissing Squid or the one just after that of me biting Niall's butt in Twister would make any guy's day. But I guess this goes to prove- I have no idea as to what would make any guy's day! =P

When ordering diet water you & everyone on the table has to keep the most straight face while doing so. If people start giggling then the waiters don't actually get as embarassed, which isn't as fun really...

But again, glad this made you laugh!

Puneet said...

Whats the chat/email id of the girl in pink who goes by the name of lavender tulips ;)

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

=)

could i find non stalkerish love on the internet @ i wish . com

Anonymous said...

Thats pretty interesting and picturesque post tulipsie. And that makes it very intresting read as well. Looks you have great fun with ur pals and njoi the life to max...

rock on and keep it up

u rock imho

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

Thank you Sam, I'm happy it made you happy.
A lot of people say 'I love to smile' & 'I love to live life'. Well, me & my mates take living life to the fullest pretty seriously & we definately have a whole load of fun making each other laugh. My friends are my family to me, we definately are to each other & I count my blessings every day to be alive around such wonderfully crazy people.
I hope everyone can find the same in life.
Love,
S

ps: 'u rock imho' - what's 'imho'??!

satish said...

in my humble opinion, you hav no idea what that pic can do to us!

your blog is already PG-13. its really ironic that you have comment moderation enabled.

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

Your 'humble' opinion is appreciated ;P And I do have every idea what effect pictures as such have on men, but I take comfort in knowing that there's men out there jerking at video's of rabbits or whatever. So no matter what kinda pictures I post, someone out there will hate/love 'em. Hence, I couldn't care less what effect my pictures have on you lot.
I don't think my blog is PG-13. There's a lot 13 year olds know today that was 'paap' when I was 13.
I have no control over anything in my life, hence comment moderation is enabled to make me feel like I can control somethings atleast. Plus I don't like spam messages. Believe it not, so far I haven't deleted anyone's message...and don't plan on it, unless its spam.

humbl devil said...

it seems you have procured a phd in being a wacko of sorts...heheh

you and ur friends rock gurl...
keep it rolling..
:)

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

I humbly offer tuition services too if anyone's interested ;P
Thanks anyway! :)

satish said...

eeeeeee, danto mat yaar. its your blog. i was not being judgmental. it is something i do to get pretty gals (cheap, i know!) impressed by my power of observation.

i think i sud use smileys more.

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

okay, im sorry, i wasn't danto-ing! apologies if it came across that way!!
and no its ok, judge me all you like :) couldn't really care!! :P

Ravemz said...

I am super sure, you would have lots more wacky tales to tell.
Makes me go back and write all of mine too. But I wont be able to match you at it :)
Cool work, would come back for a read when I feel like smiling :)

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

I think you should write all of yours and let me know so I could read something that could make me smile too!! Dontcha think??
:) Keep smiling!

cheth said...

really awesome snaps showcased in your blog... worth stumbling around :) saw a comment on my blog sure i can help you to revamp your blog, have a great weekend.. :)

and yea cool work :) keep going, i shall follow you blog from today :) ciao .!

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

Thank you :)

cheth said...

anytime :)