Dance- no ones watching! Love- you're not hurt! Sing- no ones listening! Live- heaven is on earth!

My Photo
lavender tulips【ツ】
United Kingdom
I'm a complete nutcase & I love it! I've been in a kind of life crisis *shriek* for a little while now, but I believe everything will sort itself =) Visit if you'd like to see recipe's, pictures of food, silly pictures of me and my friends, stories of my travels and general rantings from explosions of my brain cells.
View my complete profile

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My weekend.

Hair removal. Friday evening.

Me and squid were getting pretty hairy. Like seriously hairy. We needed our waxing lady so so bad. My arms looked like a jungle, I had a unibrow. If I start telling you about Squid's hair and then she reads this one day she will kill me so I shall shut up on that front. Being the stingy asses that we are we decided to go to this Indian lady that had given us her brochure, as opposed to the gori Lisa who charges a bit too much, and boy did we regret it. This lady started talking (and never stopped) about everything under the sun, one of those 'Hai Mrs Arora ko dekha, kya pehna hua tha' types. We were greeted by a funny damp smell and clothes everywhere! Her house was a very weird eclectic mix of tacky souveniers from all her travels and I half expected to find a skull and bones lying among them somewhere. We felt so awkward as she told us about her neighbours and how the police visited them recently. Voh log haina itna shor karte the sex karte time, unko ab ban kardiya gaya hai. I had nothing to say as she told us ke usually toh main badi chudiyan pehenti houn, lekin aaj western pehna hua tha na, toh utaar di. What we should have done is run, but we stayed 'cuz we were desperate for some hair removal! What me and Sid ended up with were misshaped eyebrows and scalded limbs from the ridiculously hot wax she lehpofied all over us. I learnt a huge lesson this weekend. I don't care how much it costs and I don't care how 'professional' people say they are. I'm never going to a 'beautician' again unless I see her do her thing on someone else first!!

The Ice-cream story. Saturday evening.

I decided enough is enough. Me and D hadn't seen each other in weeks so I realized a surprise dinner was in order. I had a lot going on Saturday and was running around town with ridiculous errands, I barely managed to get home, get all my ingredients together and call a cab to rush to D's before D got home. It was pissing it with the rain and I waited ages for my cab. When nothing showed up 15 minutes later I decided to walk down to the main road hoping I could catch a black cab there. As I stood struggling with my umbrella, which kept flipping inside out 'cuz of the crazy wind, getting super drenched I saw the original cab I'd called turn up at my door. So then I ran like crazy carrying all this major load and managed to get into the cab and for once!! Thank god!! there was the sweetest (cute) cabbie who chatted me up all the way to D's house. Once I got there and started cooking and lay the table and put out all my nice crytal, I realized I'd forgotten a bag with crucial ingredients and the most important ice cream somewhere at home! I called Shai and asked her to look around the kitchen, she didn't find it. I knew she had an exam this week so I asked her to forget about it. When D got home and was all surprised (everything looked so nice!) I told D about my poor ice cream, melting somewhere, hopefully not on my bed! On my new satin sheets I might add. I called Squid, asked her to go to the porter, get my spare keys and find the darn ice cream. Her fiance Shay Zee was over, visiting from London and D heard me tell Squid to not take Shay Zee into my room 'cuz it was a mess! D and Shay Zee get along really well & hadn't seen each other in ages so D called Shay Zee and asked him to come over so we could all hang out. Meanwhile my ice cream was still melting somewhere and Squid called and told me that the porter doesn't have my spare keys as they were checked out. They were with me ofcourse as my brother had my original keys and they were with him in London. So now Squid and Shay Zee came over and here I am still panicking about my damn ice cream! So I decided to call a cab to go home and get it myself. It was still pissing rain so the cab didn't come for ages, by which time I realized I could just take Shay Zee's car and get home. So Shay Zee drove me home and Squid came for the ride. D called us on our way there and asked if Squid could bring her Ludo over so we could play but Squid had left her house keys at D's so back we went to D's to get Squid's keys so we could get the Ludo. My ice cream was still melting somewhere. Take two, we got Sqid's keys and drove down yet again to try and salvage the ice cream and pick up the Ludo and D calls us again. I'd left my phone at D's and apparently Shai by this time had found the ice cream (D read Shai's text message on my phone) and had put it in the freezer. The ice cream had been sitting on my shoe rack. But we still went home, never you mind, picked up the ice cream from my freezer, and the ludo, and went back to D's. At the end of the night once we had all cheated our way through Ludo and were totally stuffed with pizza no one even ate the darn ice cream.

The next morning I'm getting ready for church. I'm rushing, getting my things together, I had to pick up Clement along the way and he was waiting. I wanted to blow dry my hair and decided whislt doing so that I wanted some ice cream for breakfast. I took the ice cream out of my freezer and went back into my room to answer my phone 'cuz I had heard it ringing. Clement was waiting, I was getting late, but we managed to get to church in time. As I walked into church something hit me. I'd left the stupid ice cream on my dining table!!!!!

(Don't worry, the ice cream was saved by Shai yet again, I texted her and she found it immediately this time. I know that a lot of you will not want to read all this and probably think it a pointless story, but this is my blog and when I read it 10 years down the line I want to remember all the silly things that happened in my life!)

King is Singh. Sunday evening.

I love going to Trafford center. Manchester has an brilliant vibe and I think it's a great city. I love going with Shay Zee and Squid too, we always have such an awesome time together! We watched 'Bachna Ai Haseeno' which I thought was such a sweet movie! It is such a chick flick! The first half was typically Bollywood, but I really enjoyed the second half of the movie which was more fun because 1) of Kunal Kapoor- what a hottie! 2) Ranbir Kapoor's dancing, that guy can move! 3) it was just more funny. Oh and Deepika Padukone is just plain hot. D didn't particularly enjoy the chick flick, all I could hear was huffing and puffing coming from that end of the cinema. When Deepika Padukone says in the end of the movie 'Ladkiyan hameinsha sahi hoti hein, we have a right to change our minds whenever we want' (or some dialogue of the sort) the whole cinema heard D yell out 'Vah, vah! Saala mein saath pound deke yeh sun ne aaya houn, yeh toh mujhe ghar pe roz sun na padta hai!!'. According to D the movie should be renamed 'Bachna ai Ladkon' and his advice to all men out there is to not go watch the movie, or take a chick with you if you do. Especially not your girlfriend/wife/significant other. We did see Singh is King just after that as well, yes two movies in one day. Two HINDI movies in one day...was a bit of an overload, what the heck. But everyone was happy with SIK in the end. A couple of minutes after it started D yelled out 'Yeh hoti hai asli movie, pata nai kya kabaad dekh rahe the pehle!'. Me, Squid & Shay Zee being pubjabi's absolutely loved it and Squid had to hold me down 'cuz all I wanted to do was get up and dance when all the songs came on! Haha :) I have no idea how Snoop Dogg was related to the movie, but did anyone see his huge jhumka attached to his pagg with a safety pin?? Hahahaha! Plus him eating samosa's was classic!!! Chalo, atleast that waxing lady we went to did get something right i.e. Hai, kaunsi pikchurr dekhne ja rahe ho? Voh King is Singh dekh ke aana, maine suna tha kya badhiya pikchurr hai haan...

8 is the number of camels in the candyfloss sky:

Ravish said...

Every male want to be a womanizer but they end up loving a woman..;)

SIK ki kya tareef karein, ab shayad ap saadi post padhne main interested ho...

baaki...i want to know, did people whisle while watching Bachna Ae Haseenon? Well, I did when I watched it...

and the waxing lady...(Lost for words)...waisa UK should be an interesting place if people make so much noise while making out that their neighbors get disturbed and kids get spoiled...;)

Cheers!!

Avanti said...

Hey Beautiful!!! Thanks for the lovely words! Never knew anyone other than my friends read my rants ;-)And then I see Lavender on my page! Thanks girl! And keep up your good work too... such a colorful page you've got!! So many pictures! Maybe I can pick up some tips from your page too! I'm new to blogger so maybe you can give me some help!

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

Really, well I have never come across such men!! If you see one, point him out!
SIK ki toh main bahut taareef karoungi! It was a completely timepass but brilliant movie! It made me laugh, made me criticise bollywood and made me wanna get up and dance! AWESOMENESS!
I can't whistle!! Someone teach me! But no one did in the cinema...awww! Sorry!
And the waxing lady ke baare mein even I'm lost for words!!! Hahaha!

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

Hey Avanti :) Aww, bless, you're so sweet! Hehe! Someone had blogrolled you on their photo blog, that's how I came across to your blog and I really enjoyed reading your thoughts on everything that's happening with you. I really like that flow-wy narrative style that you've got going and you come across as such a sweet simple person, I just couldn't stop reading once I started...Lol, look at me, not only come across, I'm sure you are too! Anyway, I'm new-ish to blogger too...but if you like something on here feel free to 'borrow' it :P

Ravish said...

You will find him yourself...;)

Well, I have taught whistling to many people and my pupils are grateful to me for it. But, unfortunately, I have not designed an e-learning course yet.

SIK...We hold contrary views. So, lets leave it. But, bachna ae haseenon is a nice..

So many chicks in one movie and nobody whistled. S-T-R-A-N-G-E...ain't it?

Cheers!!

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

Dude, I'm gonna die an old maid with 6 cats. And I HATE cats. I can guarantee a dog doing salsa on the moon with no oxygen, but I cannot guarantee that I will ever find a nice man. And that sucks!!! Hope kya, main hope ke baap ko bhi give up kar chuki houn.
Make an e-course! What is the purpose of your life otherwise!! I need to learn how to whistle so I can whistle at hot babes in the cinema the next time ;P
Arre yaar, forget SIK (SINGH IS KING WAS AN AWESOME MOVIE, IT WAS BRILLIANT, IT WAS SO FUNNY AND SO COOL!!!!!!!!) acha chodo now (:P) I guess in the UK they actually watch the movie instead of drooling at the babes :P Naah, I guess they're just stuck up in the UK! No idea!






I should watch SIK IN AMRITSAR!!! HAHA!! =)

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, the unexpected happens.

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

It ALWAYS happens!