Dance- no ones watching! Love- you're not hurt! Sing- no ones listening! Live- heaven is on earth!

My Photo
lavender tulips【ツ】
United Kingdom
I'm a complete nutcase & I love it! I've been in a kind of life crisis *shriek* for a little while now, but I believe everything will sort itself =) Visit if you'd like to see recipe's, pictures of food, silly pictures of me and my friends, stories of my travels and general rantings from explosions of my brain cells.
View my complete profile

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Amritsar

London




Father and Sons

Pictures of Kabul from the cockpit.


Saavariya!









Grand Legacy PLANE FOOD!

Jallianwallah Bagh

14 is the number of camels in the candyfloss sky:

BIG Omi said...

That were some awww sum pics mate...

How are you doing mate.. its quite a long time tht i visited your space!!!

Anyways new look of ur blog with all that images mosaic is giving it a narcissist look and feel ... no pun intended!!!

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

Aiyoh! Really? Dude...I just really like pictures and wanted to put some silly ones... *sniff* I'm all out of ideas now!! Kya karun ab? :P

But I enjoyed taking all those pictures on my trip, thanks! I really like some of them too :) I took 4 gigs worth of pictures, these are just a few!!

BIG Omi said...

arey u took me seriously eh ? u r looking all damn beautiful in those pics.

Arey have you got any picassa link... there u can upload all possible pics and share it ...

Tc Lavender Tulips..

N said...

Nice pictures! Really like the one in which the Granthiji's blessing the kids :)

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

Omi, ofcourse I'm gonna take you seriously if you call me a narcissist :P Thanks =P Nope I haven't got any place where I can share pictures. Kisne dekhni hain yaar...

Hi Niren! Thanks :) I really like the pictures too! That isn't a granthi, he was just a regular type guy and those were his kids. He was doing their pagg's properly...but I like how everyone can interpret such a small moment in their own way! :) I think I'll put a little description of where all these pictures were taken and what they're about!

N said...

Haha.. allright. Now I noticed. It actually reminded me of a gurdwara-sahib near my old house, where I'd gone and sat beside an old granthiji, almost like in the photograph, and he'd told me stories...

Oh, and who ain't a narcissist?

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

Niren Shah? Gujrati bhaiya! =) Hahaha...don't worry, I mean nothing by that. I just have a *lot* of gujrati friends and everytime I go over to theirs all I eat in khichdi ya dhokla, all I hear is gujrati and all I seem to dance is the garba. Lol, gujju overload!!!!!!!!!!! =)

Some granthi's are cool, some are just perv's. My mum always tells me the story of how one asked her out for a movie when she was in university. Never judge a book by it's cover! If only I had a penny for each time I'd seen being treated a nun/priest at my local sexual health clinic!!

I don't think we're all narcissists. We're usually alone with ourselves in our own lives. If a camera was present, we can only take pictures of ourselves. Plus if someone's gonna take a picture of you, you'd want to look good right? I'm just one of those people that loves pitures. I love that I can capture that little moment in time and keep it with me forever! Plus I'm also one of those people who looks better in pictures than in person, hence my love for my own pictures =P That is a curse indeed okay, I can imagine my parents putting my picture on 'shaadi.com' in a couple of years...geez is that guy gonna get a huge shock when he sees what I actually look like! LOL!

BIG Omi said...

oh my f**king goodness... i had no clue that narcissist gonna create a rustle ..
Maine tere blog naal narcissist kaha tha.. tujhe nahi...
________________________________
Anyways .. khud kehti hai kisne dekhni hai aur ini acchi acchi snaps upload karti hai... kar toh upload i would like to see...

take care..

________________________________

*heeeeeeee*
lols @ shaadi.com and shock thingie..

__________________________________

N said...

Hahahaha... btw, there's quite a bit of a distance, between a gujju and a bhaiya -- approximately 1500 miles. And to roughly quote the great Pratchett, "everywhere's been right where it was kept from the beginning, without going anywhere else. that's called geography" :P

The granthiji that i met was a nice one -- he'd given me a pair of kadas and a small khanda-sahib tied to a black thread, to wear, and he'd said "baccha, yeh hamesha pehen ke rakhna, koi problem nahi aayegi." He didn't even take any money from me.

Problems toh theek, but i still wear the kada -- the stuff he'd given me had worn out, so i bought a new one from Banglasahib in Delhi -- amazing place :)


I'd like to put to sleep my opinion of all of us being narcissist, right before the issue of shaadi.com arises :P (even though I do believe all of us are narcissists, but shhhh...)

BIG Omi said...

u well ??

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

Omi, I'm well kyun pooncha? What happened?? I'm okay :) I'm lazy yaar...will put up pictures...So many pictures I want to share!! =)

Niren, your granthi sounds nice :) I went there too in Delhi, its huge eh? I want to go there again!

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

I miss India!!!!!!

chacha said...

will visit it one day girl :)
bit jealous of, bit happy for you :)

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

It was an amazing trip, you should definitely do it at least once :)