Dance- no ones watching! Love- you're not hurt! Sing- no ones listening! Live- heaven is on earth!

My Photo
lavender tulips【ツ】
United Kingdom
I'm a complete nutcase & I love it! I've been in a kind of life crisis *shriek* for a little while now, but I believe everything will sort itself =) Visit if you'd like to see recipe's, pictures of food, silly pictures of me and my friends, stories of my travels and general rantings from explosions of my brain cells.
View my complete profile

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Snow smells so nice!



This video always makes me smile...It was pretty long ago, when it hailed for the first time that year & we knew winter had arived. As it started snowing, we ran outside & went pretty mental, we made snow angels, had a snow ball fight, made and dressed our own snow man...


Snow makes me smile & I totally love that smell of fresh snow. Everyone's always laughing and smiling when it snows & everyone seems to get along...I love that about the snow. It has that weird way of bringing people together...Just generally making you leave behing your stresses & acting 5 years old again. Hahaha! Tobogganing still is just as exciting for me at 23 as it was when I was 2...

I was about a year old when I first saw snow. I was living with my mum in Dalhousie and to this day I can remember that sweet smell. That combination of her chanel perfume & the fresh snow. I vaguely remember a pony, a piano & ofcourse the snow fall. To this day I remember, those first 'bonding moments' with my mum in the snow. I can clearly remember her telling me to stick my tongue out and to try and eat the flakes, she taught me how to make my first snow angel & she plonked this huge snowball on my head! Hehe. Bless her! Those were such good times! I was so young, I can't believe I still remember this stuff...I spoke to mum for 7 minutes today. I hate the time difference! I just want her to come here & visit me. I want exams to be over & I want to just hug her! So so bad.

Anyway, its off to bed for me. I'm guessing I'm gonna have sweet dreams. =)

Buenas noches!

"Sometimes our light goes out but is blown into flame by another human being. Each of us owes deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this light."-Albert Schweitzer

5 is the number of camels in the candyfloss sky:

DaPhillyFoodCritic said...

thanks for your comment look for more food pics to come, I am heading up to New York City next week so I will be on a short vacation and food journey

KakanH said...

Hello!
I just copy and paste my little simleys from msn.
Best regards
Karin

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

Wow, wish I was headed to New York next week. I'm heading towards my sentencing at exams...So not fun.

Anyway, thanks for the tip Karin! I had no idea I could do that, will try!

DaPhillyFoodCritic said...

Hey no worries my best friend is visiting from Hawaii and we have a friend who lives up there. I used to live in Hawaii just moved to the mainland a couple months ago, yikes have fun with ur exams

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

I have a family friend, she's a stewardess & used to fly regularly to Hawaii. She's told me that there's no place like it in the world!! I really do want to visit, it seems idea- the beaches, the food, everything!! I'm so jealous you used to live there!!