Dance- no ones watching! Love- you're not hurt! Sing- no ones listening! Live- heaven is on earth!

My Photo
lavender tulips【ツ】
United Kingdom
I'm a complete nutcase & I love it! I've been in a kind of life crisis *shriek* for a little while now, but I believe everything will sort itself =) Visit if you'd like to see recipe's, pictures of food, silly pictures of me and my friends, stories of my travels and general rantings from explosions of my brain cells.
View my complete profile

Friday, May 30, 2008

My funky monkey glasses.

So I ordered these glasses online & they arrived today. They make me look SOOOO intellectual!! =) Exactly what I had in mind!! They're incredibly light too- its like I'm not even wearing them!!
See, some of you might think I'm a little bit mental for doing this, but I actually don't _NEED_ glasses. I have perfect vision, better than perfect *knockonwood* but for some reason I've always been jealous of people that wear glasses. All my 6 flatmates wear prescription glasses...and I've kinda always wanted to. So I ordered them online instead!! Woo hoo!
The ordered silver ones but I actually got them in plum 'cuz they were out of the silver (they were absolutely dirt cheap!!) and they came in a cool pink case. Dude, sweet. =) =)

Why did I buy them then you ask?

1) They make me look smarter. Like intellectual smarter. And as a medical student you get taken very seriously if you look the geeky part.

2) I wear gloves/aprons/masks/hats etc when I'm around patients or in theatre and make sure if I've got cuts somewhere then I keep them bandaged. Luckily, I've never had any problems with a needle stick or any other sharps injury. But I'm really REALLY _REALLY_ freaked about getting something (i.e. bodily fluids) in my eye. This is the one way into my body for germs that I cannot protect. Hence glasses! They make me feel safer as I go around the hospital, and really thats the only place I need to use 'em.

Genius, aren't I? *hugewidegrin* Plus I'm totally loving this slight pink/purple tint they have- awesomeness!!
ps: They're giving me a slight bit of a headache, even though they have no power. Is that bad?

2 is the number of camels in the candyfloss sky:

Arti Honrao said...

ps: They're giving me a slight bit of a headache, even though they have no power. Is that bad?

Yes, it's bad.
I remember using glasses for the same reasons you use but then I quit.

Even if these do not have power they might in the end force you to use those with powers because frankly speaking no one can guarantee these zero power glasses. Headache is your body's way of telling you - Please don't do this.



GBU
Arti

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

Yeah, I suppose you are right. I haven't used them since & I think I'm gonna leave them to use only in a clinical setting where I'm desperate to show off my 'nerd-i-ness' =)