Dance- no ones watching! Love- you're not hurt! Sing- no ones listening! Live- heaven is on earth!

My Photo
lavender tulips【ツ】
United Kingdom
I'm a complete nutcase & I love it! I've been in a kind of life crisis *shriek* for a little while now, but I believe everything will sort itself =) Visit if you'd like to see recipe's, pictures of food, silly pictures of me and my friends, stories of my travels and general rantings from explosions of my brain cells.
View my complete profile

Thursday, May 29, 2008

I dance to my heart's content everyday!

So I was sitting at my desk revising...till the kids in the street below started yelling and shouting. They do this often, sometimes in the middle of their football or just generally when they're running around. So I decided to take a break from the studying & not being able to focus anyway I just decided to stretch my legs.

And as was usual, I ended up dancing to the music they were blasting down in the street. I played a couple of songs on my laptop & continued grinning & dancing around in my room (while being productive & vaccuming) and I realised, as always, how much joy dancing brought me.

I don't know what made me look outside again, but when I did I saw this boy in a wheel chair & I felt something twist in my stomach. All the kids were dancing but he remained at a distance. I could see his dad/older brother point to the kids and ask if he wanted to join them, but he stayed put. I watched him for a couple of minutes and then his dad/older brother person, wheeled him away and they went down the street.

I don't know who that little boy was. I don't know why he was in a wheel chair. I don't even know if he liked dancing & wasn't able to anymore. All I could think was, I've never thanked God for the fact that I'm able to dance.

I love to dance & I'm always thinking about it & dancing around everywhere but I don't think I've ever been grateful for it. I've never thanked Him. Never in 23 years. I'm sorry. It's moments like these when I realize how perfect you are & how much more I need to grow in you.

Thank you. Thank you that I have limbs that I can use. To walk. To run. To dance. Thank you.

6 is the number of camels in the candyfloss sky:

NWI Connect said...

Hello! I saw your comment on my site and headed over here to check yours out. I like the banner at the top!

Thanks for the reminder that we need to continuously express thankfulness to God for those things we so often take for granted -- such as functioning limbs for dancing.

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

Thanks for that :) :) :) I made that banner myself! *veryproud*

You know, that moment totally caught me off guard. And I've never ever been truly thankful for all the wonderful things that I'm able to do in my life...It really humbled me, watching that boy. Keep thanking God for everything that comes your way in life & if you feel that something not so nice has come in your path, remember we can't see it, but He sees the bigger picture!

Debonair said...

really appreciate the thought .... there have been so many moments when I have had the same thoughts myself !
we tend to complain/pray to God for all the things we don't have, but in all that, we really lose sight of how fortunate we are to have what we do ... it's sad that it takes someone less fortunate to remind us.
Cheers!

Ravemz said...

Really nice. Sometimes, a small incident, or even a stranger can totally twist and turn you from inside. :)

They can leave you with so many thoughts to go through, and its an experience in itself.

Check this opinion that I created, I hope you would be able to relate very well with it.
http://apps.facebook.com/ithinkapp/opinionpage?id=608354

Thanks for leaving a comment on my post, I really appreciate that.

:)

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

I left a message on your 'reason, season & lifetime' note. Very true my dear :)
And as for this post, and your's too- small moments in life really do take your breath away eh? =)
Keep blogging, I don't see a recent post from you in a while.
Much love,
S N.

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

@ Debonair
Definately keep remembering God for everything that you've got to be thankful for! He's always there to help us through our difficult times if you need Him too!