Dance- no ones watching! Love- you're not hurt! Sing- no ones listening! Live- heaven is on earth!

My Photo
lavender tulips【ツ】
United Kingdom
I'm a complete nutcase & I love it! I've been in a kind of life crisis *shriek* for a little while now, but I believe everything will sort itself =) Visit if you'd like to see recipe's, pictures of food, silly pictures of me and my friends, stories of my travels and general rantings from explosions of my brain cells.
View my complete profile

Friday, May 30, 2008

Seafood pasta with a rocket salad.

  • Heat a table spoon of extra virgin olive oil in a pan.
  • Add 2 tea spoon of ginger & garlic paste, each. Alternatively add 10 grams chopped ginger & 5 cloves of garlic, crushed.
  • Add 100 grams of prawns (shrimp), mussels & kalamari (squid) to the pan and stir for 5 minutes.
  • Add 3 blended tomatoes (or finely chopped & squished tomatoes- alternatively add equal amounts of ready pasta sauce) and 2 table spoons of concentrated totamo puree paste.
  • Stir for 5 minutes.
  • Add salt, pepper, lemon juice, coriander (powder or fresh) & dill (freshly chopped) to taste & stir for the last five minutes.
  • Boil 75 grams wholemeal pasta in a pot. Add a tea spoon of butter and a pinch of salt. When nice and soft, which would be about 10 minutes later, add the seafood in & serve.
  • For the salad, wash the rocket and strain.
  • Add half a tea spoon mustard to one tea spoon extra virgin olive oil. Now add 2 tea spoon white wine vinegar to the equation and drizzle this all into your rocket.
  • Grate some cheddar onto the rocket & serve with the pasta.

Enjoy! =)

2 is the number of camels in the candyfloss sky:

DaPhillyFoodCritic said...

a simple yet delicious recipe I am going to give it a try rocket is a nice compliment to it

keep on bringing your recipes

Pete

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

Aww, thank you!
I definately do want to keep all my recipes short & simple so that people who thought they could never ever cook could give it a go. Cooking has such a theraputic effect, I'd encourage everyone to cook!
Plus as a student you don't have a lot of time on your hands & you definately want to create something nice & easy. So hopefully this will just give people ideas & inspire them to make their own yummy food!
Keep cooking :)