Dance- no ones watching! Love- you're not hurt! Sing- no ones listening! Live- heaven is on earth!

My Photo
lavender tulips【ツ】
United Kingdom
I'm a complete nutcase & I love it! I've been in a kind of life crisis *shriek* for a little while now, but I believe everything will sort itself =) Visit if you'd like to see recipe's, pictures of food, silly pictures of me and my friends, stories of my travels and general rantings from explosions of my brain cells.
View my complete profile

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Where was I?

No seriously, I'm too old for this. I used to enjoy backpacking and sleeping in bunk beds, sharing rooms with strangers & meeting new people...Maybe it's just that when I'm travelling with mum I like her to be comfortable and she just wants to have fun. =) Serious fun. We somewhat swap roles when we're together actually. She becomes the twenty-something and I turn into the forty-something.

Travelling with mum is heaps fun though. She always packs food. And I don't mean like 'lunch' or a 'sandwich'. I mean like food. Just getting into Scotland we had like half a kilo chicken biryani, 4 huge tubs of yoghurt (actually that one's on me, I love eating just plain yoghurt), dried fruits, fresh fruits, cookies, parantha's with mango pickle and a whole lot more! We literally live on the food we take + the free breakfasts. When we're out travelling mum and me save every penny on food, trust us!

Mum loves cricket & she got a chance to show off her bowling skills as well!

Anyway, shopping is my drug of choice and we spent a lot of time doing so in Scotland. One thing I paticularly liked was a letter opener I bought. It's got 'up yer kilt' engraved on it with a hand flipping the middle finger in tartan. It's proper class! And mum actually bought that for me! Hahaha!

The best way to sightsee any city in England is by getting on the open top tour buses. Which is exactly what we did. The 'top-less buses' as I like to call them, usually take you through the main parts of the city & show you all the sights. Most of them have a live tour as well, or a recorded tour operated by the driver and they're the best way to get around in a city. Thats a lot of what we were doing when we went on to visit York, Bath and other places around the country. I also love museums and the UK if full of them. There's something about the past thats got a magical quality which completely consumes my attention...and there was plenty to consume in Glasgow.

I spent a whole day in all the museums while my mum found better things to do ('cuz she can only stand museums for about 5 minutes). Give mum a bookshop or a jewelry store and she'd be lost in it forever. Well, so would I actually- teehee! =)

Here's something me and mum found at Nando's in Manchester when we were having some yummy dinner for chicken one night. This seems to be No 5, I'll keep my eye out for more!
We also had a chance to head to Cheshire Oaks as I mentioned in one of my previous posts, with my flatmate Sid and her sister. Great place for shopping by the way and we found something I didn't buy but I should have. If you're ever stressed about your boyfriend/husband, this should automatically make you feel much much better! =)

0 is the number of camels in the candyfloss sky: