Dance- no ones watching! Love- you're not hurt! Sing- no ones listening! Live- heaven is on earth!

My Photo
lavender tulips【ツ】
United Kingdom
I'm a complete nutcase & I love it! I've been in a kind of life crisis *shriek* for a little while now, but I believe everything will sort itself =) Visit if you'd like to see recipe's, pictures of food, silly pictures of me and my friends, stories of my travels and general rantings from explosions of my brain cells.
View my complete profile

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Glasgow*

It seems like its been absolute ages since we were there but it was only less than two months ago when me and mum went to Scotland. I didn't really want to risk travelling to somewhere I hadn't been with mum, and I was very keen on taking a trip to Italy but dad suggested I show mum around Scotland.
I absolutely loved it! I think the Scots are brilliant anyway...love their accent!! But it really is gorgeous. Scenic beauty apart (which is fanbloodytastic) the history of the cities in Scotland is fascinating. I particularly liked Glasgow and we enjoyed every second of the three days that we were there. For those of you looking to travel from the North West, the Megabus does really cheap deals.
Glasgow was fantastic because it's the biggest place to shop in the UK (after London) and its soaking in culture and history. We stayed at the Euro hostel which also does day trips to nearby castles & Edinburgh. My mum always has this thing about staying in youth hostels. She ADORES them! A couple of years ago when we travelled to London we found this really cheap hostel in the middle of the city and mum fell in love with it. She loves the travelling culture in Europe & really enjoys the backpacking part of travelling. Most youth hostels have a free breakfast included (which she relishes, and also packs her lunch for the day from there) and more than anything mum really likes the dorm rooms, the bigger the better. We stayed in an 18 bed mixed dorm in London once, and I remember her chilling out with some Australian tourists giving away her free drinks vouchers for the bar. Man, can she make friends anywhere or what!

Maybe I'm just getting old but when we were in Glasgow I just couldn't handle the idea of sharing a dorm with other people. I just needed my own room!! And Euro hostel delivered. Mum wanted the feeling of a 'hostel' and I didn't want to stay with any other people so we got our own room with a bunk bed!
I really want to continue...but my housemates cousin is over and we're all gonna watch Kuch Kuch Hota Hai plus it's time for din-din so I've gotta go get some grub! Will need to start writing about all the travelling soon, I can't wait to tell you all about Paris!

2 is the number of camels in the candyfloss sky:

Anonymous said...

i have never been to UK except connecting flights to US, but i hv heard a lot about beauty UK...

And Glasgow is a kinda enigma for me, some pt of time i d like to go up rt there

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

You should definately visit, it's a great place :)