Dance- no ones watching! Love- you're not hurt! Sing- no ones listening! Live- heaven is on earth!

My Photo
lavender tulips【ツ】
United Kingdom
I'm a complete nutcase & I love it! I've been in a kind of life crisis *shriek* for a little while now, but I believe everything will sort itself =) Visit if you'd like to see recipe's, pictures of food, silly pictures of me and my friends, stories of my travels and general rantings from explosions of my brain cells.
View my complete profile

Monday, July 21, 2008

Bollywood's gone mental!

I've just discovered that every song I've ever liked in a hindi movie is a rip off. A total rip off!! You can click here, here, here and here to see for yourelf. I've always had a thing against Amir Khan for leaving his wife and kids, but kudos to him for his originality! I think him I like him a tad bit better seeing how everyone is now-a-days following in Anu Malik's footsteps!!
Atleast he can come up with original story lines e.g. Taare Zameen Par. I made a huge mistake wasting five pounds on going to see 'Partner'. Every minute was painful & I was cringing for the darn movie to finish. Not only was it a copy of Hitch (literally every scene), but it ripped other hollywood movies off as well!! I was supposed to go see Kismat Konnection when it came out this week, but I changed my mind when I realized the synopsis sounds amazingly similar to Lindsay Lohan's 'Just my Luck'. And 'God tussi great ho'....Anyone remember 'Bruce Almighty'?
Surely India's full of talented writers?? Where are they now?!
And what's happening to the women in Bollywood? Recent pictures of Hansika Motwani have absolutely shocked me. Unfortunately I did have to endure the pain of Aap Ka Suroor 'cuz a friend convinced me and my mum that the movie got better after the intermission & I never realized where I'd seen this chick before. Is this what 16 year olds are supposed look like these days? No wonder young girls in today's day and age are so bent on looking older and getting on diet's! I'm lucky I had something these girls will never...A childhood!!
On another note, I was surprised to see Deepika Padukone & Aishwarya Rai in my monthly Marie Claire (girls mag) showing off whatever brand of watch they were paid to pose with... Aishwarya I get, but wonder where they got a hold of Ms.Padukone from?

11 is the number of camels in the candyfloss sky:

Anonymous said...

Surely India's full of talented writers?? Where are they now?! - LOL!

Well its left to 'us' - you and i literally to go back home and revive them writers.

Anonymous said...

nice post... and i do agree with u that there is too much following of footsteps in bolly...!!
2b frank, b4 i entered ur blog... i thought u were french gal..!! lolz..
what exactly does the title mean?

Anonymous said...

Watch Shaurya. Although it's a copy of 'A Few Good Men', I liked it a lot.

'Jane Tu Ya Jaane Na' and 'Kismet Konnection' are also good. At least Priya didn't kiss Raj in 'Kismet Konnection' to swap their luck..;)

Cheers!!

Anonymous said...

hey tulipie,

drop bi my blog to comment :) i m quite snooty here, but then i like commenting u on my blog :) dont i..

and yes aamir khan is good but in taking digs at others...

Hitch was total ripoff off the partner Dintcha know ?

lol....

Caladrius said...

Blatant copying never shocked me so much as Hansika does. Since I can particularly recall I last saw her in Koi Mil Gaya as a very cute little kid, it really upsets me to imagine her even-steroid-abuse-goes desperation for glamour. I don't know, but that's what I guess it must have been. Nice Post. I happen to agree with each of the points raised.

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

Javits, I don't know what I could possibly do to 'revive' the writing spirit in India...You'll have to offer your sugesstions, 'cuz if there was something I could do/say to inspire 'em ofcourse I would! For now I think a whole load of nuppies are getting away with rubbish work. I don't even get how the Indian audience is entertained by such dummy movies.

Vinay, trust me I wish I were French. I'm in love with the country, the food, the music, the people, the language & anything else you can think of to add to that list!! Include the little cafe's and smelly metra stations- absolutely everything!!! Part of it is 'cuz of my mum who's been grunting at me in French everytime I've been naughty as a kid...but partly 'cuz FRANCEISAWESOME! =) My header...hmmm...I can't explain it to you exactly. It's a movie, in English the movie was titled 'A very long engagement' (kinda like the story of my life) but in French, the title's meaning changes to something on the lines of 'A long Sunday of waiting'. Well kinda, I'll just have to expain it to you face to face one day! :)

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

Ravish- I've never heard of Shaurya, infact that's a bit too much Hindi for me. What does that even mean? I'll have to look for the DVD, but I take your word for it when you say its a good movie. How old is it?

Buzz...I don't even know what to say in reply my dear...

Sushant, I agree! Hansika Motwani is a bit OTT!! I remember her in Koi Mil Gaya as an adorable little girl...sometimes I do think there is a lot of pressre on child artist's. But atleast she's continuing with her education (or so I've heard/read) while pursuing her dream of acting, so she is setting a somewhat good example (?!) I guess. That might be debatable, depends if she actually goes to University or not. 'Cuz just finishing school in today's day and age isn't really enough...or so I think atleast. And as for you agreeing with every point I've made...Wowzer! That's a first. I think everyone on here still hates me for my previous post where I took a dig at vegetarians. (Seriously, what is it with you people, eat some meat guys!!!)
Since I've made myself hungry now, I'm gonna go...cook me some sausages!!! Muahahaha! =)

Ravish said...

Shaurya means Valor (or rather Valour, since you are living in UK...;)).

The movie was released pretty recently, approx 2 months ago.

Cheers!!

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

Valor justs looks wrong eh? Thanks for the US->UK correction :P
Why haven't I heard of this movie if its this recent?!? Will have to wait for it on DVD I guess. Thanks!
Or should I say...CHEERS! =)

Anonymous said...

There's nothing left to say. Loads to do. Pick up your pen, pack your handy cam and start shooting! That is the only way! aha?!

Anonymous said...

hey Tulips, you are tagged